The Bible gives us some passages to consider when deciding how you will handle October 31st:
- We need to be wise to what is good and innocent of evil (Romans 16:19)
- Halloween has fear at it’s very foundation. Words like “haunted” and “horror” are at the center of Halloween. With such an escalation of fear and anxiety in children and adults, why even open the door to that?
- As a holiday, Halloween focuses on death and darkness. Matthew 5:14-16 tells us we are the light of the world…let your light shine before others.
- Romans 13:12 tells us to put away deeds of darkness
- 2 Corinthians 6:14 tells us light has nothing in common with darkness.
- Halloween is a sacred, high holiday for Wiccans (the official religion of witchcraft). 3 John 11 tells us “Dear friend, do not imitate what is evil but what is good.”